Event details: Charter Boat category
Condition of Entry
Pairs event – 2 anglers on the same charter boat
Anglers to be a minimum of 16 years of age at the time of onsite registration – must be accompanied by a parent or guardian
All anglers to be insured as per event requirements
All competitors will be required to sign the on-site registration form which includes a disclaimer to confirm acceptance and understanding of the full and final event rules, terms & conditions and any COVID-19 measures put in place.
All anglers participating in the event must:
– Undertake a minimum of one cleanup operation locally to where they live prior to the event; photographic evidence must be posted on social media.
– In the case, cleanup is not conducted prior to the event there will be a £50 contribution per angler competing in the event to go towards the children’s initiatives and shoreline cleanups.Charter Boat category event details in brief
- Rod and line, catch, photograph, and release event
- Only persons that have entered the competition are permitted to be on board any competing boat during the hours of the competition in addition to the charter boat captain and crew.
- Up to 2 rods per pair with the use of up to 3 hooks per rod.
- 1 spare rod may be set up on board but without any terminal tackle.
- Bait and artificial lures may be used
- The longest 3 of each of the following 5 target species: Tope, Smoothhound, Rays, Bass, Black bream to count per day.
- The combined length per pair with the longest 3 of each species provides each pair with an overall length per day.
- The pair’s results from day 1 and day 2 are added together to identify the overall winner.
- Minimum legal length and above to count (if more than 3 of each species are caught the longest ones caught will count).
Cost of Entry
£180 per angler (£360 per pair)
No cost of entry to charter boat.
Any charter boat fees are payable to charter boats directly by anglers.
Charter Boat Prize table with a value of £50,000
1st to 20th Place
Charter Boat Captains prizes
Prizes for the overall longest of each of the 5 target species will be awarded to the longest fish regardless if caught in the recreational or charter category.